| MHC Elders
To our Mercy Hill Chapel family:
The spread of the coronavirus is raising concerns on a host of levels. This includes the concerns associated with the public gathering of local churches. As the church of Jesus Christ we ultimately strive to walk the line of prudence (Prov. 13:15), without giving in to panic (Ps.112:7). In other words, taking wise precautions but ultimately trusting in our sovereign Savior.
As elders we are staying informed about the spread of the coronavirus in our area and will be giving regular updates as to our scheduled public gatherings. Currently we are not making any adjustments to our Sunday gatherings. As the situation changes we will reassess (in conference with medical professionals) the wisdom of our schedule.
To be proactive in responding to the coronavirus we are taking and asking our members/attendees to take a few prudent steps as we gather throughout the following weeks.
As a church:
1. We are disinfecting all high-touch areas before our services.
2. We have a team of volunteers gathering specifically to disinfect the family ministry/children’s areas.
3. We are providing hand sanitizers throughout the building.
We ask our members and attendees:
1. To wash hands and use sanitizer upon entering the building.
2. To avoid physical contact with others (e.g. handshakes, hugs, proper coughing etiquette, spreading out in the seating areas).
3. To stay home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, aches, or generally feeling ill) and use discernment if you are at higher risk to contract the virus do to advanced age or health complications.
As we walk with gospel-hope in the midst of trials let us pray for God’s mercy and help.